Do I need a ‘new build’ EPC for an extension or alteration?

An Energy performance certificates is required when a building is:

  • First erected
  • Modified so that it has a greater or lesser number of parts designed or altered for separate use than it previously had
  • Modified to include the provision or extension of any of the fixed services for heating, hot water, air conditioning or mechanical ventilation

The person carrying out the building work must:

(a) give an energy performance certificate for the building to the owner of the building;

(b) give to the local authority notice to that effect; and

(c) include in that notice the reference number under which the energy performance certificate has been registered in accordance with regulation 7(4), except in the case of an energy performance certificate issued under regulation 9A (energy performance certificates in respect of excluded buildings).

The energy performance certificate and notice must be given not later than five days after the building work has been completed.


More News

Does Your Office Make the Most of Natural Daylight?

5 key benefits to maximising natural daylight in your office

Vertical farming using hydroponics to lower emissions

Vertical farming allows for the efficient use of space by stacking crops on multiple levels, producing a higher yield per square metre than traditional farms, and allows crops to be grown in urban areas where land is limited.

Ramsgate Historic Quarter & Sustainability

Does video streaming have a carbon footprint?

Be mindful of music or video streaming - it creates a carbon footprint! Here's how to lower it...

6 Ways to Avoid Greenwashing in Renewable Energy Tariffs

What are the risks and how do we avoid greenwashing?

Advantages of a Renewable Energy Tariff

Having a genuine and transparent renewable energy tariff offers several advantages: